THROW US A BONE: What songs make you want to punch the DJ? Let us know, for the worst set ever!

Catch us on Freecast or in SL at the Waste Land, on Saturdays from 9p-11p PST.
The DJs have gotten busy with their own lives. We may do shows again, if anyone shows an interest, but right now, we're just doing projects.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Though the Blizzard Wind Doth Blow...

This year's Christmas playlist is up! ON TIME. HOLY CRAP. I think I've really captured the essence of the holiday, here. The cheer and the drunken hilarity... and the loathing, the despair, and the death. It's ... maybe a little schizo, in places, but it's better than some things I've done. Commentary, where necessary, is below.

1. The Crüxshadows - Winterborn (Subway to Sally Mix) (6:13)
I swear to god, this is totally incidental. No relation. Srsly. It's been on there since like October, when I started working on this.
2. Eluveitie - Slania's Song (clipped) (5:28)

I don't usually listen to this one. Female singer, and all. But, it eases the transition between Winterborn and White Rainbow.
3. Coil - A White Rainbow (clipped) (6:12)

Moon's milk spills from my unquiet skull... Again, this has been here since October. Prophetic, maybe, but absolutely unintentional.
4. 桜庭統 - Ice Fog Flow (3:03)
5. Vast - Winter In My Heart (3:36)
6. Alice - alcz3010 (0:01)

"I fear nothing." American McGee's Alice. My favourite source for splices.
7. Blutengel - Soul Of Ice (clipped) (4:46)
8. Trans Siberian Orchestra - Siberian Sleigh Ride (clipped) (2:55)
9. LaTour - Cold (5:30)

It goes there. Shut up.
10. Heaven 17 - Holiday (3:48)
11. Alice - alcz2020b (0:01)

"I'm not on holiday!" American McGee's Alice.
12. Alice - alcz2021 (0:01)
"Lucky me..." American McGee's Alice.

13. Dean Martin - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! (1:55)
14. Tom Waits & Peter Murphy - Christmas Sucks (2:56)

This holiday cheer is a pain in the nuts... Yeah, this kinda sums up my thoughts on the whole thing.
15. Ella Fitzgerald - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen (1:26)
16. Abney Park - Winter Wonderland (3:22)
17. Gene Loves Jezebel - Frozen [Razed in Black Mix] (5:00)
18. Wumpscut - Die In Winter(clipped) (4:34)
19. Eels - Christmas Is Going To The Dogs (Grinch Soundtrack) (2:57)

Srsly? I don't even. It goes there.
20. Legendary Pink Dots - Lisa's Party (clipped) (2:58)
21. Robyn Hitchcock - College of Ice (3:41)
22. Trans-Siberian Orchestra - A Mad Russians Christmas (4:42)
23. Vernian Process - The Maple Leaf Rag (clipped) (2:24)
24. Cheshire Cat - cat001 (0:05)

"I can't know everything. Pretend you're an orphan ... oh, that was rude, you are..." American McGee's Alice
25. Edda - Leikr Elds Ok Isa [The Song Of Fire And Ice] (2:18)
26. Steeleye Span - Gaudete (levelled) (2:22)

This one took a little rebalancing and screwing with, before it would play nice, but I think I finally made it fit here.
27. Arcanta - Carol of the Bells (4:51)
28. Sunday Driver - Snow Song (2:50)

I just got this track, about a month ago. Man, this band is really pretty awesome. Go buy their album.
29. The Waitresses - Christmas Wrapping (5:09)

This is a must. It's here every year. It's been a standard since my mum had it on cassette, when I was a kid.
30. Alice - alcz2009 (0:01)
"Don't I know you?" American McGee's Alice.
31. Faith And The Muse - Iago's Demise (levelled) (3:00)

Another case that needed some dicking around with, but I love this song, and I never get to use it, 'cause it's not balanced for mixing. So, I kinda fixed that.
32. E.S. Posthumus - Ebla (6:09)
33. Mediæval Bæbes - The Coventry Carol (4:24)

Used a different rendition of this, last year. I love this song, in its older forms, and if there's one band that'll do it right...
34. Torley Wong - Snow (2:12)
35. Faith & Disease - 07 Silver and Gold (3:35)
36. The Pogues - Fairytale Of New York (4:35)

This is a must. It's here every year. And it's always the last track. And it's never our last... *laughs*

Playlist length: 1 hour 58 minutes 59 seconds

No comments:

Post a Comment